The CrossFit Open is coming in less than a week! For those who are immersed in the CrossFit community we know how Magical this Month can be. We see athletes of all levels, shapes, sizes, backgrounds and abilities face fears, challenge themselves and reach new levels of confidence!
But what about us trauma survivors? What about those of us who struggle with Disordered Eating? The competitive vibe, the hype and the extra pressure that often comes with the Open can be quite overwhelming for those who are struggling with Mental Health.
Empowered RX has teamed up with 10+ other Gyms and Coaches for the #TAKINGMYPOWERBACK campaign.
What? A FREE FACEBOOK GROUP THAT WILL OFFER TIPS & TRICKS in ADDITION TO SUPPORT & COMMUNITY!
Why? Because Mental Health is missing from the traditional CrossFit sickness-wellness-fitness continuum. We NEED to take care of our minds to achieve high levels of fitness.
When? Join the Facebook group Monday the 21st throughout the Entirety of the Open.
This challenge is a community effort to spread awareness of the implications of Trauma in Sport and Fitness. When you join this FREE Challenge you can expect...
A community of like-minded individuals all participating in the CrossFit Open with a history of Trauma or Mental Health Struggles.
2. Weekly Trauma-informed analysis of each CrossFit Open WOD every Thursday LIVE in the Group!
3. Guest Speakers from the Empowered RX Committee for Change: Empowered Coaches, Therapists, Doctors, CrossFit/Strength Coaches, Nutritionists, Survivors & MORE!
4. FREE Empowered RX Trauma-informed Guide to the Open!
5. Daily engagement & support in the group!
6. LIVE ZOOM SUPPORT GROUP Each Sunday to de-brief the workout AND prep for the upcoming week.
ARE YOU IN OR WHAT?
Sit-tight and we will take care of the rest :-)
Leah, the Staff at Empowered RX and the Empowered RX Committee for Change